God showed me three ways to know that a breakthrough is near for 2024.
1. You feel the deficit of what you need on a core level. It’s as though God is digging a hole in your soul for Himself, and you feel empty in an area and need him to fill you.
The first sign that breakthrough is near is when you feel a deep deficit on a core level of what you need. It’s as if God is digging a hole in your soul, creating a void that only He can fill. This emptiness often leaves you yearning for His presence and intervention. The Bible speaks to this experience in Psalm 42:1-2 (NIV), which says, “As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?” When you’re in this place of longing and emptiness, it’s a sure sign that God is preparing to fill you with His abundance.
“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water” (Ps. 63:1). This verse illustrates the deep longing and deficit in one’s soul, which is a sign of a spiritual thirst only God can satisfy.
The poor and needy search for water, but there is none; their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them” (Isa. 41:17). This passage reassures us that God is the one who fills the deficits in our lives and quenches our spiritual thirst.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled” (Matt. 5:6). When you feel a deficit on a core level, it’s often a hunger for righteousness and a deeper connection with God that will ultimately be satisfied.
2. There is an increase of spiritual warfare. As breakthrough approaches, the enemy often intensifies his attacks to discourage and distract you. In Ephesians 6:12, we’re reminded, “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” This increase in spiritual warfare should be seen as a confirmation that you’re on the verge of a significant breakthrough. It’s a sign that the enemy is trying desperately to hinder the blessings God has in store for you.
“Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour” (1 Pet. 5:8). This passage warns us about the adversary’s tactics and the importance of staying vigilant.
“Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). This Scripture reminds us that even in the face of spiritual warfare, we have the power to resist the enemy and find victory in God.
3. Your hope is increasing even if there is no evidence of why. The third way to know that a breakthrough is near is when your hope is increasing, even in the absence of tangible evidence. Romans 15:13 beautifully illustrates this: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
When you find yourself holding onto hope despite the circumstances, it’s a divine assurance that God is about to bring a breakthrough into your life. Your growing hope is a testimony to the faithfulness of God and His promise to never leave nor forsake you.
“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see” (Heb. 11:1). Hope and faith often go hand in hand, and this verse explains the relationship between the two.
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jer. 29:11). This passage speaks to God’s intention to provide us with a hopeful future, even when circumstances might suggest otherwise.
For many, breakthroughs in certain areas are about to come, and that is why the hard has been so hard but the good is also so good if you focus on it!
Here’s a practical plan that will help some of you partner your faith to God bringing breakthrough:
1. Identify goals: Determine specific areas where you seek breakthrough (such as relationships, career, health).
2. Scriptural foundation: Select relevant Bible verses that align with your goals.
3. Prayer strategy: Develop a focused prayer plan for each goal, expressing your faith in God’s provision.
4. Action steps: List practical, achievable actions to work towards your goals.
5. Accountability partner: Choose someone to support and pray with you.
6. Journaling: Maintain a breakthrough journal to record progress, insights and experiences.
7. Gratitude practice: Daily gratitude list to maintain a positive outlook.
8. Scripture memorization: Commit key Scriptures to memory for reinforcement.
9. Celebrate milestones: Acknowledge and celebrate achievements along the way.
10. Reflection and adjustment: Periodically review and adjust your plan as needed.
To find out more, listen to my full podcast on The Shawn Bolz Show with Shawn Bolz: https://sites.libsyn.com/412208
Shawn Bolz is a TV and podcast host, an author, producer and Christian minister. He has been leading conversations in the church, entertainment industry and social justice that have helped believers connect their faith to culture in a transformative way.
Shawn’s deeply connected yet humorous style of speaking, media hosting and coaching through his unique expert perspective has brought him around the world to meet with churches, CEOs, entertainers and world leaders. His areas of passion include: developing Christianity that brings transformation, the intersection of Christianity and popular culture, business from a faith perspective, social justice through faith, and hearing God’s voice with a focus on restoring dignity to biblically based prophetic ministry.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma’s best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.